Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Yosemite in a Day

I was invited to give a presentation at the Yosemite Facelift 2010, a park wide clean up event originally started by climbers and spearheaded by Ken Yager. The Facelift is now the largest National Park clean up in the country!!! For my last few slideshows, I have showed the day before to shoot and edit a short "In a Day" video. I feel like it's a unique and original element of my show, and people get psyched to see something created in real time! However, the amount of work that this entails is pretty ridiculous, and usually at around Five A.M. after a sleepless night of editing, I swear that I will never do it again. This particular "In A Day" installment features some of Yosemites Top "Unheard Of" climbers, an overview of the Facelift, and then, Yosemites Best Climber crushing blood from the stone!!! Thanks to Black Diamond The North Face and Blue Water Ropes who all sponsored the Facelift.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Cedar! I'm psyched to see you do a Yosemite in a day video. I was unable to make it out this year and it was cool to see all the footage and respect.

    Are you using an HDDslr for the clips of you in the airport?

    -Alton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot Alton for the kind word! This piece was shot with three different cameras!!! The 5d mark ii with a 16-35, a GH1, and for the high angle stuff I still prefer the stability of a good old fashioned HMC 150 video camera!!! Have fun out there!!!

    Cedar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cedar thanks for the info! That Panasonic is nice!

    Also that dolly shot of Lucho partially back lit is awesome.

    -Alton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cedar, I really love the song in the beginning. Is it included in one of your album?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this video. Really makes me want to get out to Yosomite so much more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Half Dome (Yosemite) on graph http://www.geocontext.org/publ/2010/04/profiler/en/?topo_ha=20101169143182952

    ReplyDelete