Friday, July 17, 2009

"Caminhando a Slackline" Serra do Cipo's first Highline!!!

Hugo and I set up this spectacular line using all natural pro. Without bolts to add confidence, Hugo was a little sketched that the whole thing was going to blow...but I felt pretty confident in the setup! Everyday after climbing for the two weeks the line was up, we would spend the hour before sunset walking the line.

Soon I was turning, surfing, and playing on the line like I do on low lines. That was when I began to toy with the idea of leaving the leash behind and walking the line on it's own terms...full commitment...full adrenaline...balls to the wall as they say! Right as the sun was going down I took a lap with the leash, untied, and then walked it solo. All I can say is that it was an intense moment of pure focus, and when I reached the other side I truly felt that I had broken through to a new reality...it was a great feeling!!!

This slackline is right at the summit of a classic 5.11d route called "Murias," which I warmed up on many times while in Cipo...one day it felt right and I climbed the route sans rope...thus completing two wild solo goals which I had set for my self!! I left Cipo feeling like I had sharpened my focus and found the edge that I was looking for!!! I look back now on these moments as priceless and dreamlike!!! I'm already planning my next trip to Brazil!!!

It's time for a flashback to Serra do Cipo Brazil...as I dig through the rather overwhelming amount of footage I realize what an incredible adventure those three and a half months were. For sure one of the highlights for me was setting up Cipo's first ever Highline with Hugo and then after a lot of practice....walking the line Solo without a leash!!! What an adrenaline rush...

4 comments:

  1. Wow!!!... amazing images!!!... Congratulations Cedar!!!... Saludos Esgalleros!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Cedar!
    I feel blessed to have been able to participate as a spectator in some of those moments. Everything seemed new for me and i saw somebody with a totally different attitude towards the rock. It was a real moment of inspiration.
    We and the mountains a waiting for you and your monkey friends dude.
    Gabriel DeDosFriTos

    ReplyDelete
  3. NIce video! Although still being new to climbing and only managing to take three steps on the slack line at the gym I go to in Sao Paulo, I'm more and more into the bouldering and slacking! Really nice scenes, very inspirational! And it was cool to discover a really nice place right around the corner in Rio! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugo and I set up this spectacular line using all natural pro. Without bolts to add confidence, Hugo was a little sketched that the whole thing was going to blow. clases de slackline

    ReplyDelete